Sunday, March 19, 2017

Garden Picture Diary January 2017

Since moving house two years ago a new hobby has jumped into my path, and my new best friend is Monty Don, not that he knows it. Yes, I've taken up gardening. The owner's daughter asked if I'd like to take over the care of the garden as it had become much too much for her mother. With the warning that it wouldn't be a perfectly kept Swiss garden, I've never done any gardening in my life, I agreed to give it a go.


14th January 2017
Garden path to road


Front of house, terrace and top of pear tree above the wall.

To the street

My mess behind the house

24th January 2017

Front of house from street
This is the fruit and vegetable garden. Pear tree left of steps, apple tree right of steps. Canes for raspberries, summer and autumn fruiting. Far right of picture are red currant bushes tied up with string to protect them from the snow. Strawberries, cultivated and wild, under the snow.

Garden from street
At the garden gate

No comments:

The Eiger

The Eiger